?

Log in

Previous Entry | Next Entry

I believe I counted 96 individual pieces of fabric for this corset...












I drafted from the model's measurements using Foundations Revealed tutorial (I LOVE it!) then modified the pattern inserting the red curve cutout detail and peaked top edge. So I have coutil and lining full length pieces, and silk and cotton sheeting (as a interlining) in the detailed pieces. I decided to do it that way so I didn't get a bunch of seams at the waist line.  Assemble coutil and lining as usual, assemble "Top" and "Bottom" sections, join together with red curve piece. I applied bone casings to the coutil layer, as I didn't want a bunch of topstitching on the outer layer of this corset. 






The casings on the outside are decorative topstitched tubes of silk over the seamlines.











I think in hindsight that if I had more time (damn deadlines!) I would have increased the room in the hip area, and then I could have got more cinch...









*editted to put piles of stuff under a cut* Sorry, I thought I had but must have been sleeping...